Instant To Instagram: Steak
STORY: Sim Ding En
16 December 2019
Nothing gives off #festivefeels more than a well cooked steak. Here's a super easy recipe by recipe by Instagram star (@lennardy) and MasterChef Asia finalist Lennard Yeong to get you in the mood for Christmas, or if you're in the need for a bit of meaty indulgence.
1 sirloin steak (1 inch)
3 tbsp butter
4-5 sprigs thyme
3 cloves garlic
1. Season steak with salt on both sides the night before.
2. Add oil to non-stick pan and heat to medium high heat.
3. Pat steak dry and add to pan.
4. Swirl steak around so that it absorbs the heat from the whole pan.
5. Flip every 15 seconds.
6. Once crust developes, add butter, thyme and garlic to pan, slowly baste steak with butter till it reaches an internal temperature of 50°C.
7. Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes.
8. Slice steak and serve.
For the latest updates on Wonderwall.sg, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram. If you have a story idea for us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org