Instant To Instagram: Gyu Katsu Sando
STORY: Sim Ding En
12 September 2019
Sian of kaya toast, and want something juicier, meatier and more substantial? Instagram star (@lennardy) and MasterChef Asia finalist Lennard Yeong walks you through this super lao-nuah steak sandwich recipe.
- 1 1-inch thick piece of ribeye or sirloin
- 2 slices of thick toast
- All-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Oil (for frying)
- Karashi/Japanese mustard
- Kewpie mayo/Bulldog sauce
- Beat egg together with a teaspoon of flour.
- Season flour with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Dip steak into seasoned flour.
- Dip steak into beaten egg.
- Coat with panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil to 180°C.
- Place steak into hot oil.
- Cook until the internal temperature of the steak is about 50°C. It may take up to 15 minutes.
- Allow steak to rest.
- Toast bread until browned on both sides.
- Spread one side with karashi or mustard.
- Spread the other with mayo or bulldog sauce.
- Lay the steak on toast.
- Trim edges.
Got a story idea for us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org