Instant To Instagram: Fish Noodle Soup
STORY: Sim Ding En
08 October 2019
Here’s a traditional fish noodle soup recipe that has a milky appearance but doesn’t contain any milk! Instagram star (@lennardy) and MasterChef Asia finalist Lennard Yeong shows you how to achieve this yummy bowl of comfort food.
- 1 red snapper, guts removed
- 1 bundle of jade noodles
- 3 stalks of bok choy
- 4 tbsp of Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of corn starch
- Spring onions
- 1. Remove flesh from bones.
- 2. Place bones aside.
- 3. Slice snapper into 1cm-thick pieces and marinade.
- 4. Season fish.
- 5. Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- 6. Break snapper bones into smaller pieces.
- 7. Heat oil and sear bones on both sides till lightly browned.
- 8. Reserve bones and pour away oil.
- 9. Place bones in pot. Add enough water to cover bones.
- 10. Chop ginger and spring onion, and put into soup.
- 11. Bring soup to a rolling boil for at least 30min till cloudy.
- 12. Poach red snapper in soup.
- 13. Put in vegetables for a short while.
- 14. Boil noodles in a separate pot.
- 15. Assemble ingredients.