World Pasta Day: Instant To Instagram - Anchovy Pasta
STORY: Sim Ding En
25 October 2020
It's World Pasta Day today (25 October)!
To celebrate this pasta-rrific occasion, Instagram star (@lennardy) and MasterChef Asia finalist Lennard Yeong takes you through an oh-so-easy 12-step recipe to instant shiokness (and IG likes!). All you need: anchovies, garlic, ginger and just a few minutes of your time.
• 8-10 anchovy fillets
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 knob of ginger (2cm long)
• 1 tsp chilli paste (or ½ tsp chilli flakes)
• 10-12 strands of chives
• 4 tbsp olive oil
1. Slice chives finely.
2. Grate the garlic and ginger.
3. Add anchovies.
4. Add olive oil to thin out paste.
5. Mince anchovies into garlic and ginger.
6. Add chilli paste.
7. Mix minced anchovies into chives.
1. Boil pasta in salted water.
2. Mix the anchovy sauce and boiled pasta.
3. Add pasta water to thin out the sauce.
4. Keep stirring to emulsify the sauce.
5. Garnish with fresh chives.
Click on the "Instant To Instagram" tag below to view more delicious and Instagrammable recipes by Lennard Yeong. Or click on any of the previews in the "Related" section below to watch more videos in the "Instant To Instagram" series.