Instant To Instagram: Anchovy Pasta
STORY: Sim Ding En
16 October 2021
Instagram star (@lennardy) and MasterChef Asia finalist Lennard Yeong takes you through an oh-so-easy 12-step recipe to instant shiokness (and IG likes!). All you need: anchovies, garlic, ginger and just a few minutes of your time.
- 8-10 anchovy fillets
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 knob of ginger (2cm long)
- 1 tsp chilli paste (or ½ tsp chilli flakes)
- 10-12 strands of chives
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Slice chives finely.
- Grate the garlic and ginger.
- Add anchovies.
- Add olive oil to thin out paste.
- Mince anchovies into garlic and ginger.
- Add chilli paste.
- Mix minced anchovies into chives.
- Boil pasta in salted water.
- Mix the anchovy sauce and boiled pasta.
- Add pasta water to thin out the sauce.
- Keep stirring to emulsify the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh chives.