Mushrooms + Microgreens + MasterChef Singapore Finalist = Mouthwatering Magic
STORY: Sim Ding En
03 June 2021
This video was filmed before the outbreak of COVID-19 locally.
In this episode of "Surprise Supplies", Sidney Chua from Citizen Farm - the urban farm that prides itself in offering sustainably grown and pesticide-free produce, and creating jobs for the socially disadvantaged - turns up with a Citizen Box filled with pretty surprises in the most beautiful shades of pink and purple that Nature has to offer.
Watch how Gen turns it into a veritable "edible Garden City".
What's in the subscription-based Citizen Box, though? Watch the video above right now or - spoiler alert - here are the details of its contents:
- leafy greens (hydroponically and aquaponically grown, and include different varieties of kale and lettuce, bok choy, and kai lan)
- microgreens (Citizen Farm's speciality; these can be used as a garnish or eaten as a salad)
- native edible plants (such as roselle, sayur manis, moringa, and Okinawan spinach)
- edible flowers and herbs (everything from Blue Pea flowers and Kaffir lime to lemon grass and laksa leaves)
The Citizen Box is available in two subscriptions:
- $35 a week for a 12-week subscription (that's a total of $470.80 with GST) or
- $40 a week for an 8-week subscription (that's a total of $363.80 with GST)
Get more details and sign up for one here.