Instant to Instagram: Warabi Mochi
STORY: Sim Ding En
23 December 2019
Here's a tea-time snack that'll have you and your friends whipping out your phones! Instagram star (@lennardy) and MasterChef Asia finalist Lennard Yeong takes you through the steps of this easy and enjoyable recipe.
50g warabiko/warabi mochi flour
250g water (water is usually measured in ml)
2 tablespoons of sugar
3 tbsp kinako
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 pinch of salt
1. Mix warabi mochi flour, water, and sugar in a pot till smooth.
2. Heat up the mix on medium heat, constantly stirring.
3. Once it starts to thicken, reduce heat and stir more vigorously.
4. Continue to stir, remove from heat.
5. Repeat until the mix is almost translucent.
6. Drop the warabi into ice water to cool down.
7. Whisk kinako, sugar, and salt.
8. Cut cold warabi into bite-sized pieces.
9. Toss in kinako mix.
For the latest updates on Wonderwall.sg, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram. If you have a story idea for us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org